Large Scale hydrogen refuelling of fuel cell electric vehicles
COSMHYC XL aims at developing an innovative compression concept dedicated to large scale hydrogen refuelling of fuel cell electric vehicles.
Thereby COSMHYC XL will contribute to reducing the production costs of hydrogen and making it a competitive fuel for large-scale mobility.
- EIFER coordinates the project.
- EIFER is leading the development of the innovative compression concept.
- EIFER supervises the long-term test phase of the compressor system under real-world conditions.
Main Project Outcomes
- COSMHYC XL will increase the energy efficiency of hydrogen compression by more than 30% to reduce costs of hydrogen production and the hydrogen refueling stations.
- COSMHYC XL develops a modular and flexible concept, providing a solution adaptable for nearly all large-scale transport applications and allowing for a subsequent roll-out.
This project has received funding from the European Commission’s Fuel Cells and Hydrogen 2 Joint Undertaking (JU) under grant agreement No 826182.